A-Troupe has competitively competed at every Absolute Dance competition since 1995 as a unified team.
The audition prior to the 17th Annual Absolute Dance Regionals competition is the studio's first audition that allows dancers from outside the studio to contend for a spot on the troupe. Before the 17th Annual Absolute Dance Nationals, the studio holds its first Challenge.
A schism eventually forms in A-Troupe due to conflicting views on the most important dance styles, resulting in the formation of TNS East and TNS West. After a climactic fallout between the teams which results in them being disallowed from competing at the 19th Annual Absolute Dance Regionals, they are eventually make amends and reunite as a merged A-Troupe, thus regaining their position as contenders for the Regionals title.
A-Troupe is The Next Step Dance Studio's only competitive troupe, causing it to always consist of 10-12 dancers as 10 dancers are allowed on-stage at a time at competitions, with 2 alternates also on the team in the case of injury. It is well-known that on the troupe, nobody's spot is guaranteed. Although, curiously, neither Michelle or Emily has to audition for the troupe during the Challenge.
| "In A-Troupe you know we give a hundred percent into everything!"
This article is acceptable, but should be fine-tuned so that it is concise, grammatically correct, and/or adheres to all of the site's rules. You can help the The Next Step Wiki by fine-tuning it.
After qualifying to the 17th Annual Absolute Dance Nationals, A-Troupe gets uniforms professionally designed by Zoltan and Minnow. The uniforms consist of consists of a blue jacket with the logo of The Next Step on the front and back and the letter "A" for A-Troupe on the right shoulder and blue pants (fitted yoga pants for the girls and sweatpants for the boys) which is later traded in for black leggings for the girls and black sweatpants for the boys.
Presumably redesigned after the studio's Internationals win, A-Troupe comes to sport jackets of the same colour, albeit with black embroidery and The Next Step logo in different font. The rest of the uniform remains the same.
After the team's Regionals loss, it is Elliot who purchases jackets for the team, which are extremely different than previous ones. These jackets are silver with blue font stating the studio's name.
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the A-Troupe gallery, click here.
- ↑ The Next Step Souvenir Book. Wikia. Retrieved on May 15, 2016.
- ↑ "Get the Party Started." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on December 11, 2017.
- ↑ "Ready to Start." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on December 11, 2017.
- ↑ "Go West, Young Michelle." Wikia. Retrieved on May 21, 2017.
- ↑ "TNS: Civil War." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on November 5, 2017.
- ↑ "This Changes Everything." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on November 5, 2017.
- ↑ "The Final Cut." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on December 11, 2017.
- ↑ "Work It." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on June 10, 2016.