|This article is about the Season 4 character. You may be looking for the crew member, Amy's alter-ego or the character that appears in the pilot.|
| "Spoiler alert—he dies at the end."
This page contains prominent information about something that has yet to come, or that has been recently released. By choosing to read on, you are consenting to viewing possible spoilers.
| "I think Kate and Chris's dance is great for two old people."
This article needs to be updated. This page is currently out of date and needs to be infused with recent information.
|“||She's confident, she's fun. Girl's just all around awesome.||”|
Before the Show
At a dance competition, Amy performed a solo and ripped her pants while doing the splits. Not wanting the audience to see the tear, Amy performed the rest of the dance with her legs together, even while performing acro.
Amy was once cut from a dance team because she could not master a double-back-handspring-back-layout. She practiced the move all summer in the hopes of making the team the next step she auditioned, but was unsuccessful.
During one summer, Amy worked at a gas station.
After making it into the small group for the second qualifier, she is approached by LaTroy for help with his contemporary. She agrees and utilizes unconventional teaching methods to help LaTroy learn a contemporary combo. She confesses that working with LaTroy is "nice" and grows closer to him.
Amy eventually comes to like LaTroy romantically and frankly tells him that they should do something about the chemistry between them. In response, she gets asked out by LaTroy which excites her to the point that she tells almost everybody in A-Troupe.
When Amy discovers that Sloane likes LaTroy but that LaTroy does not feel the same way, she asserts that she and LaTroy should continue dating. As a result, her friendship with Sloane deteriorates, much to her discontent.
Amy is saddened to learn that LaTroy will be leaving The Next Step indefinitely to renovate a farmhouse with his dad but is supportive of him since she knows that LaTroy is doing what is best for him.
Amy receives an anonymous message that beckons her to the Lounge. Once there, she finds Henry and Sloane; Henry tells her that somebody—who is likely LaTroy—wants her to audition for the qualifier duet with Amy. Hoping this will allow her relationship with Sloane to be renewed, she does so.
When forced to clean the mirrors in the Rehearsal Room with her, Amy tries to get Sloane to warm up to her by telling her about her job at the gas station. Amy is ecstatic when her attempt to rekindle her relationship with Sloane finally works. Additionally, Amy helps Sloane mend her relationship with LaTroy.
Amy runs for the title of Dance Captain, but does not get it due to her distracted nature and poor public speaking skills. She is hardly upset about the loss though, as she gets to keep the light bulb that she used in one of the tasks.
Amy is a confident and forward individual who has a sunny and positive outlook on life. Amy is incredibly empathetic and loving and rarely holds an unhappy disposition.
Amy can come off as very silly and air-headed under pressure, proven while running for the title of Dance Captain. Although Amy has few negative qualities, she is poor at public speaking and is easily distracted.
Amy is slim. She has blue-green eyes, light skin, and light brown hair. She is often seen smiling.
- Main article: Amy/Outfits
Amy usually wears blue or green. She typically wears black shorts or black leggings.
- Main article: Jazz
Although Amy is said to be a jazz dancer, she does not seem to perform much of it. When she does perform it though, she does so with much proficiency.
- Main article: Acro
As well as a jazz dancer, Amy is an acro dancer. Acro appears to be Amy's strongest style.
- Main article: Contemporary
- Main article: Amy/Relationships
- "One More Time"
- "Stir It Up"
- "Heads Will Roll"
- "Welcome to the Jungle"
- "Square One"
- "London Calling"
- "Dancing with Myself"
- "Simple Twist of Fate"
- "On the Rocks"
- "Knowing Me, Knowing You"
- "The Game Belongs to Me"
- "I Can't Go for That"
- "I Only Have Eyes for You"
- "Love Will Tear Us Apart"
- "Nobody's Fault but Mine"
- "Your Time Is Gonna Come"
- "How Deep Is Your Love"
- "Heat of the Moment"
- "Kiss and Tell"
- "Rumour Has It"
- "A Fool in Love"
- "Karma Police"
- "Only You"
- "Danger Zone"
- "Nobody's Perfect"
- "Shake It Off"
- "Come Together"
- "It Ain't Easy"
- "Taking Care of Business"
- "The Edge of Glory"
- "Even Better Than the Real Thing"
- "Don't Stop Me Now"
- "Livin' on a Prayer"
- "A Change Is Gonna Come"
- Group dances
- Although officially introduced on the show as a jazz dancer, her "Why I Dance" episode states that she is an acro dancer. From "London Calling", she is described as an acro dancer.
- Amy's greatest fear is that she'll forget the choreography for the routines.
- Amy is named after Amy Wright, the choreographer for The Next Step.
- Main article: Amy/Quotes
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the Amy (Season 4) gallery, click here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "The Game Belongs to Me." Wikia. Retrieved on April 6, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "I Only Have Eyes for You." Wikia. Retrieved on May 20, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Only You." Wikia. Retrieved on November 26, 2016.
- ↑ "Simple Twist of Fate." Wikia. Retrieved on April 30, 2016.
- ↑ "Rivalry." Wikia. Retrieved on December 14, 2016.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "Kiss and Tell." Wikia. Retrieved on October 15, 2016.
- ↑ "One More Time." Wikia. Retrieved on February 15, 2016.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 "Welcome to the Jungle." Wikia. Retrieved on March 12, 2016.
- ↑ "How Deep Is Your Love." Wikia. Retrieved on June 20, 2016.
- ↑ "Heat of the Moment." Wikia. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- ↑ "Karma Police." Wikia. Retrieved on November 26, 2016.
- ↑ The Next Step – Why I Dance: Amy. Youtube (February 13, 2016). Retrieved on February 16, 2016.
- ↑ Is Amy (Shelby) really named after Amy Wright? Are there other characters named after someone? | ask.fm/TheNextStepDance. ask.fm (May 26, 2016). Retrieved on May 27, 2016.