|This article is about the Season 4 character. You may be looking for the actress and crew member, Amy's alter-ego or the character that appears in the pilot. You can find the disambiguation page here.|
| "I think Kate and Chris's dance is great for two old people."
This article needs to be updated. This page is currently out of date and needs to be infused with recent information.
|“||She's confident, she's fun. Girl's just all around awesome.||”|
Despite an excellent audition, Amy does not make it onto A-Troupe the following dance season due to questioning Emily. As a result, Amy is demoted to B-Troupe. She begrudgingly joins TNS West, but continues to lie to her mother that she is on A-Troupe. Eventually, her mother discovers the the truth, and she is pulled out of the studio. With Piper's help, she makes it onto TNS East, but at the cost of Piper's spot.
Before the show
Amy started dancing.
At a dance competition, Amy performed a solo and ripped her pants while doing the splits. Not wanting the audience to see the tear, Amy performed the rest of the dance with her legs together.
Amy was once cut from a dance team because she could not master a double-back-handspring-back-layout. She practiced the move all summer in the hopes of making the team the next time she auditioned, but was unsuccessful.
During one summer, Amy worked at a gas station.
Amy makes it into A-Troupe, but her nerves are far from dispelled. To reduce her fear, she joins the Zero Percent Club. After making it into the small group for the second qualifier, she helps LaTroy with a contemporary combo when he asks, utilizing unconventional teaching methods. She confesses that working with LaTroy is "nice" and grows closer to him. Amy gains feelings for LaTroy and, after assuring him of their chemistry, is asked out by him which excited her.
When Amy discovers that Sloane likes LaTroy but that LaTroy does not feel the same way, she asserts that she and LaTroy should continue dating regardless. As a result, her friendship with Sloane deteriorates, much to her discontent.
Amy is saddened to learn that LaTroy will be leaving The Next Step indefinitely to renovate a farmhouse with his dad but is supportive of him.
Amy runs for the title of dance captain, but does not get it due to her distracted nature and poor public speaking skills. She is hardly upset about the loss though, as she gets to keep the light bulb that she uses in one of the tasks.
Amy is ecstatic when LaTroy returns to the studio and her affection for him only grows, until she realizes that she loves him. She is nervous about telling LaTroy as much, but eventually does from the sheer excitement of her first kiss with him. She is over-the-moon when he resounds the proclamation.
Amy has gotten over her break-up with LaTroy is now friends with him again.
Amy is wary of Emily being the new studio head, believing the troupe will devolve into one full of robots. When Emily demotes various dancers, including LaTroy and Ozzy, to B-Troupe before even seeing them audition, Amy begins to voice her disbelief, but is silenced by Emily. Despite her excellent audition, it is this outburst that causes Amy not to qualify onto A-Troupe and be demoted to B-Troupe, while Piper qualifies. Amy is devastated and knows that she cannot tell her mother the truth.
Amy begrudgingly joins TNS West, but is wary of the lack of technical training within the members of the troupe. Amy continues to lie to her mother that she is on A-Troupe and eventually pulls Piper into her lying as well. Amy unintentionally gets Piper into trouble with Emily, angering Piper to the point that she tells her she will not talk to her until Amy tells her mother the truth. Amy is left even more devastated as her relationship with Piper continues to digress.
When Amy finally finds herself feeling at home at TNS West, her mother discovers the truth about her dance life. Consequently, Amy is forced to leave the studio.
Forlorn about being unable to dance and having nothing to lose, Amy takes part in Piper's plan to get her to be an alternate on TNS East. After begging Emily to let her dance, Amy performs some of Daniel's choreography and makes it onto the troupe. Amy comes to realize that she has taken Piper's spot on the team and tells Piper that she will try to get her back onto the team, although Piper is unresponsive to the idea. Although, Amy is happy to find that Piper is not mad at her, and is happy on TNS West.
Amy is very optimistic and happy individual who is often seen smiling. She cares deeply about others, especially her friends. Amy can come off as very silly under pressure, proven while running for the title of dance captain.
Amy's positive disposition is not to be mistaken for being a pushover. Amy is able to speak her mind when she deems something wrong, sometimes with negative consequences, as seen when she does not make it onto A-Troupe after questioning Emily. The rare time when Amy is sad, she is exceptionally so, which is often paired with tears. Amy once appears so distraught to Heather while sitting in Neutral Grounds that she is given a free drink.
Amy has light, freckles skin and blue-green eyes. Her hair initially light brown, but is later dyed golden brown.
Amy's dance wear usually consists of a blue or green sleeveless top and varying coloured shorts. On occasion, she wears leggings.
- Acro: One of Amy's main styles is acro, and it appears to be Amy's strongest style. Amy's acro has even been compared to Giselle's.
- Ballet: Amy is an exceptional ballet dancer who is able to dance on pointe.
- Contemporary: Amy is a proficient contemporary dancer. She successfully teaches LaTroy a contemporary combo, of which he successfully performs and is complimented by Sloane on.
- Hip-hop: Although Amy does not specialize in hip-hop, she is quite good at it. She dances in Leon Blackwood's masterclass hip-hop routine and is complimented by him on quickly picking up the choreography.
- Jazz: Although one of Amy's main styles is jazz, she does not perform much of it. When she does perform it though, she does so with much proficiency.
- Lyrical: Lyrical is another of Amy's dominant styles.
- Main article: Amy/Relationships
- Group dances
- Group dances
- Amy's greatest fear is that she'll forget the choreography for the routines.
- Amy is named after Amy Wright, the choreographer for The Next Step.
- Main article: Amy/Quotes
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the Amy (Season 4) gallery, click here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "The Game Belongs to Me." Wikia. Retrieved on April 6, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "Only You." Wikia. Retrieved on November 26, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "I Only Have Eyes for You." Wikia. Retrieved on May 20, 2016.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "It's All Fun and Games...." Wikia. Retrieved on May 27, 2017.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "United and Divided." Wikia. Retrieved on August 10, 2017.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 "No Good Deed." Wikia. Retrieved on July 6, 2017.
- ↑ "Stir It Up." Wikia. Retrieved on May 20, 2017.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 "Welcome to the Jungle." Wikia. Retrieved on March 12, 2016.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 "A Change Is Gonna Come." Wikia. Retrieved on May 20, 2017.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 "Amy's Personal Life." Wikia. Retrieved on May 20, 2017.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 "The New Regime." Wikia. Retrieved on May 27, 2017.
- ↑ "Simple Twist of Fate." Wikia. Retrieved on April 30, 2016.
- ↑ "Rivalry." Wikia. Retrieved on December 14, 2016.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 "Kiss and Tell." Wikia. Retrieved on October 15, 2016.
- ↑ "One More Time." Wikia. Retrieved on February 15, 2016.
- ↑ "How Deep Is Your Love." Wikia. Retrieved on June 20, 2016.
- ↑ "Karma Police." Wikia. Retrieved on November 26, 2016.
- ↑ "It Ain't Easy." Wikia. Retrieved on May 20, 2017.
- ↑ "Even Better Than the Real Thing." Wikia. Retrieved on May 20, 2017.
- ↑ "Dance, Lies and Hoverboards." Wikia. Retrieved on May 27, 2017.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 "Leon Me." Wikia. Retrieved on May 27, 2017.
- ↑ "Heathers." Wikia. Retrieved on August 23, 2017.
- ↑ Is Amy (Shelby) really named after Amy Wright? Are there other characters named after someone? | ask.fm/TheNextStepDance. ask.fm (May 26, 2016). Retrieved on May 27, 2016.