After being exposed as a former professional dancer, Elliot is kicked off of TNS East.
Before the show
Having been put into a studio by his parents, Elliot started dancing at the age of three.
He is astounded to be dancing on the same team as Piper and Ozzy, whom he deems children, and Kingston, who he deems a basement dancer. Realizing the team has many "problems" he is happy that he is there to sort them out.
Elliot is made Piper's duet partner for a dance off meant to determine which studio the dance battle is to be held in. Deeply unimpressed by West's choreography, Elliot forces Piper to go along with his changes to the dance. Elliot is ultimately forced to come clean about his behaviour while on the team, leading him to be taken off of it by Michelle. Although, Elliot eventually joins TNS East and assists them in winning the dance battle.
Now an official member of TNS East, Elliot purchases jackets for the team. Unbeknownst to him, his past as a Broadway dancer is deduced. Elliot is exposed to have been on six Broadway shows and came to The Next Step just to get rid of his bad reputation. Believing that he is a user, Elliot is kicked off of TNS East by Emily.
Elliot is extremely conceited and believes his technical training makes him superior to his peers, sometimes even giving them defamatory names in replacement of their real ones to denote their apparent lowliness. While on TNS West, he regularly claims that he is carrying the team on his shoulders and outrightly says that the team needs him.
Elliot is quite cold, as well, making him unaffectionate and overly candid. Elliot is opposed to hugging others and has deemed himself not in the business of sparing anybody's feelings. The rare moment when he does appear kind is immediately followed by a show of hostility. He is highly deceptive as well, effectively pulling the wool over Michelle's eyes in regard to his true self.
Elliot has been dubbed "intense" and having an attitude that "stinks," and it seems as though he is even aware of this, but truly doesn't care. For Elliot, the only thing that matters is winning by whatever means necessary.
Elliot has tan skin, dark brown eyes, and dark brown hair.
While dancing, Elliot wears a tank top and sweatpants.
- Acro: Elliot can perform an aerial.
- Ballet: Elliot's main style is ballet, for which he is exceptionally proficient in.
- "Leon Me" (white walls)
- "A Tale of Two Eldons"
- "United and Divided"
- "East Meets West"
- "Brave New World"
- "TNS: Civil War"
- Group dances
- William is the fourth character to have his middle name revealed.
- William Elliot's name alludes to "Billy Elliot," a character who Julian Elia portrayed in the eponymous Broadway production.
- Main article: William/Quotes
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the William gallery, click here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Brave New World." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on October 17, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 "A Tale of Two Eldons." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on July 28, 2017.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "United and Divided." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on August 10, 2017.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "East Meets West." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on October 14, 2017.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "TNS: Civil War." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on October 21, 2017.
- ↑ THE NEXT STEP on Twitter: "Julian Elia, who plays Elliot, *was* Billy Elliot on Broadway. We named his character as a fun reference to that & to foreshadow the secret." Twitter (October 20, 2017). Retrieved on October 21, 2017.