Before the show
LaTroy danced with Sloane and became best friends with her through his mother. On his first encounter of Sloane, LaTroy got imprints on his forehead of a toy truck's wheel that Sloane threw at him. Some time later, LaTroy made Sloane cycle off of a ramp which ended badly.
Ever since he was five, LaTroy's father was absent; on several occasions he would promise to see LaTroy but would never show up.
Amidst auditions for A-Troupe, LaTroy has trouble with Daniel's contemporary choreography. Knowing that he cannot master it, he incorporates hip-hop moves into the routine. His uniqueness must have been commended, because he makes it onto A-Troupe.
LaTroy is thrilled when he receives a text from his estranged father in which he claims that he wants to meet; his utter excitement causes him to ditch Sloane. LaTroy is disappointed when his father does not show up and choreographs a solo for Sloane as an apology.
LaTroy realizes that he needs to become a more versatile dancer and asks Amy to help him learn a contemporary combo. LaTroy not only learns some contemporary, but bonds with Amy in the process.
LaTroy comes to like Amy romantically and, after her assertion that she'd like to, he asks her out on a date. LaTroy is shocked when the news of his upcoming date with Amy upsets Sloane and even more shocked when he finds out that Sloane likes him, as he doesn't reciprocate the feeling. LaTroy decides to date Amy and eventually commences a relationship with her, resulting in the deterioration of his friendship with Sloane.
Hoping to reconnect with his father, LaTroy takes up his offer to renovate a farmhouse with him for a while. He tells Sloane and Amy about this decision; while he is met with hostility from Sloane, Amy is more understanding. Although the decision to leave is a hard one, LaTroy knows that he has to choose his biological family over his dance family. LaTroy's time at the farmhouse does little to mend his relationship with his father, however.
LaTroy begins to develop an acute fear of missing out, which Amy attempts to help him with. Over video chat, he speaks to Amy, Henry, and Michelle... and Sloane. His conversation with Sloane is admittedly awkward, but it aid in mending their burned bridge. LaTroy is elated when Sloane tells him that she wants to be best friends with him again.
LaTroy is happy to return to The Next Step and reconnect with Amy and Sloane, although he begins questioning his relationships with the two. When Amy tells him she loves him at Regionals, LaTroy resounds the sentiment but is unsure of if he means it. Although, he later tells Sloane he loves her and sure of it. Knowing that he actually loves Sloane, LaTroy breaks up with Amy to be with her.
LaTroy is saddened that Sloane will not be auditioning, but is glad to have a her as such a supportive girlfriend.
LaTroy prizes uniqueness and individuality. LaTroy is extremely confident, a trait which sometimes verges on conceit and blindness to his weaknesses. LaTroy often needs others to make him aware of his flaws. In relation to this, LaTroy also tends to be quite oblivious. For instance, LaTroy cannot see that Amy and Sloane like him romantically until he is explicitly told so.
LaTroy often attempts to be the mediator, like he does with Sloane and Amy, but usually fails. He is also extremely hopeful, proven by the number of second chances that he provides his deadbeat father with, which may contribute to his peacemaking nature.
LaTroy has dark skin, dark hair, and dark brown eyes.
LaTroy's attire is very casual; it consists almost entirely of t-shirts, jackets and sweatpants. His wardrobe mostly consists of red, blue, black, and white clothing.
- Main article: LaTroy/Relationships
|"I'll get to you when I get to you!" - The missing information in this section of the article is to be added.|
- Group dances
- LaTroy's character is named after LaTroy Hawkins, a baseball pitcher who formerly played for the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Main article: LaTroy/Quotes
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the LaTroy gallery, click here.
- ↑ As Season 4 can be split into quarters and is set across four months of the timeline in the universe of the show, episodes 11 to 20 can be presumed to take place in February. LaTroy's birthday occurs in "I Can't Go for That".
- ↑ Profile: Erika Prevost as Sloane - The Next Step (Season 4) - YouTube. YouTube (April 4, 2017). Retrieved on July 8, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Stir It Up." Wikia. Retrieved on February 29, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Welcome to the Jungle." Wikia. Retrieved on March 6, 2016.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "The New Regime." Wikia. Retrieved on June 17, 2017.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Go West, Young Michelle." Wikia. Retrieved on June 17, 2017.
- ↑ "One More Time." Wikia. Retrieved on February 15, 2016.
- ↑ Profile: Erika Prevost as Sloane - The Next Step (Season 4) - YouTube. YouTube (April 4, 2017). Retrieved on July 19, 2017.
- ↑ "The Edge of Glory." Wikia. Retrieved on July 19, 2017.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 "Knowing Me, Knowing You." Wikia. Retrieved on April 30, 2016.
- ↑ "The Game Belongs to Me." Wikia. Retrieved on April 6, 2016.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 "I Only Have Eyes for You." Wikia. Retrieved on May 20, 2016.
- ↑ "How Deep Is Your Love." Wikia. Retrieved on June 20, 2016.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 "It Ain't Easy." Wikia. Retrieved on May 18, 2017.
- ↑ "A Fool in Love." Wikia. Retrieved on November 12, 2016.
- ↑ "Karma Police." Wikia. Retrieved on November 26, 2016.
- ↑ "Even Better Than the Real Thing." Wikia. Retrieved on May 18, 2017.
- ↑ "A Change Is Gonna Come." Wikia. Retrieved on May 18, 2017.
- ↑ Is Amy (Shelby) really named after Amy Wright? Are there other characters named after someone? | ask.fm/TheNextStepDance. ask.fm (May 26, 2016). Retrieved on May 27, 2016.