| "Spoiler alert—he dies at the end."
This page contains prominent information about something that has yet to come, or that has been recently released. By choosing to read on, you are consenting to viewing possible spoilers.
| "I think Kate and Chris's dance is great for two old people."
This article needs to be updated. This page is currently out of date and needs to be infused with recent information.
Before the Show
Ever since he was five, LaTroy's father was absent; on several occasions he would promise to see LaTroy but would never show up.
Amidst auditions for A-Troupe, LaTroy and has trouble with Daniel's contemporary choreography. Knowing that he cannot master it, he incorporates hip-hop moves into the routine. His uniqueness must have been commended, because he makes it onto A-Troupe.
LaTroy is thrilled when he receives a text from his estranged father in which he claims that he wants to meet; his utter excitement causes him to ditch Sloane. LaTroy is disappointed when his father does not show up and choreographs a solo for Sloane as an apology.
LaTroy realizes that he needs to become a more versatile dancer and asks Amy to help him learn a contemporary combo. LaTroy not only learns some contemporary, but bonds with Amy in the process.
LaTroy comes to like Amy romantically and, after her assertion that she'd like to, he asks her out on a date. LaTroy is shocked when the news of his upcoming date with Amy upsets Sloane and even more shocked when he finds out that Sloane likes him, as he doesn't reciprocate the feeling. LaTroy decides to date Amy and eventually commences a relationship with her, resulting in the deterioration of his friendship with Sloane.
Hoping to reconnect with his father, LaTroy takes up his offer to renovate a farmhouse with him for a while. He tells Sloane and Amy about this decision; while he is met with hostility from Sloane, Amy is more understanding. Although the decision to leave is a hard one, LaTroy knows that he has to choose his biological family over his dance family.
LaTroy begins to develop an acute fear of missing out, which Amy attempts to help him with. Over video chat, he speaks to Amy, Henry, and Michelle... and Sloane. His conversation with Sloane is admittedly awkward, but it aid in mending their burned bridge. LaTroy is elated when Sloane tells him that she wants to be best friends with him again.
LaTroy prizes uniqueness and individuality. LaTroy is extremely confident, a trait which sometimes verges on conceit and blindness to his weaknesses. LaTroy often needs others to make him aware of his flaws. In relation to this, LaTroy also tends to be quite oblivious. For instance, LaTroy cannot see that Amy and Sloane like him romantically until he is explicitly told so.
LaTroy often attempts to be the mediator, like he does with Sloane and Amy, but usually fails. He is also extremely hopeful, proven by the number of second chances that he provides his deadbeat father with, which may contribute to his peacemaking nature.
LaTroy has dark skin, dark hair, and dark brown eyes.
- Main article: LaTroy/Outfits
LaTroy's attire is very casual; it consists almost entirely of t-shirts, jackets and sweatpants. His wardrobe mostly consists of red, blue, black, and white clothing.
Sloane is LaTroy's best friend. LaTroy does not see Sloane as anything more than his best friend and does not share the romantic feelings that Sloane has for him.
- "One More Time"
- "Stir It Up"
- "Heads Will Roll"
- "Welcome to the Jungle"
- "Square One"
- "Walk This Way"
- "Dancing with Myself"
- "On the Rocks"
- "Knowing Me, Knowing You"
- "The Game Belongs to Me"
- "I Can't Go for That"
- "I Only Have Eyes for You"
- "Love Will Tear Us Apart"
- "Nobody's Fault but Mine"
- "How Deep Is Your Love"
- "A Fool in Love"
- "Karma Police"
- "Only You"
- "It Ain't Easy"
- "Taking Care of Business"
- "The Edge of Glory"
- "Even Better Than the Real Thing"
- "Don't Stop Me Now"
- "Livin' on a Prayer"
- "A Change Is Gonna Come"
- Group dances
- LaTroy's character is named after LaTroy Hawkins, a baseball pitcher who formerly played for the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Main article: LaTroy/Quotes
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the LaTroy gallery, click here.
- ↑ "One More Time." Wikia. Retrieved on February 15, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Knowing Me, Knowing You." Wikia. Retrieved on April 30, 2016.
- ↑ "Stir It Up." Wikia. Retrieved on February 29, 2016.
- ↑ "Welcome to the Jungle." Wikia. Retrieved on March 6, 2016.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "The Game Belongs to Me." Wikia. Retrieved on April 6, 2016.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 "I Only Have Eyes for You." Wikia. Retrieved on May 20, 2016.
- ↑ "How Deep Is Your Love." Wikia. Retrieved on June 20, 2016.
- ↑ "A Fool in Love." Wikia. Retrieved on November 12, 2016.
- ↑ "Karma Police." Wikia. Retrieved on November 26, 2016.
- ↑ Is Amy (Shelby) really named after Amy Wright? Are there other characters named after someone? | ask.fm/TheNextStepDance. ask.fm (May 26, 2016). Retrieved on May 27, 2016.