|“||Classic Shantel: always thinks she knows better than everybody else.||”|
Before the show
Accompanied by Tess, Shantel to persuade Amanda to return to Elite in Hidalgo's. When her offer is rejected, she tries again to no avail. This results in her being reprimanded by Lucien, who claims that she let Amanda get away.
Shantel participates in the dance battles against The Next Step. She is unhappily forced to face her teammate, Mackenzie. After the battle, she is hailed as victor, granting her a spot on A-Troupe.
Shantel has trouble separating herself from Elite's ways. She does not like her team members, but confesses that it doesn't matter, as they just have to look like a team as they dance. Upon Cierra's suggestion to do duets, Shantel becomes Giselle's duet partner. She has no interest in getting to know Giselle and instead asserts dominance, then instructs Giselle on the choreography. Believing that the choreography is not yet perfect, she refuses to perform when asked to do so by Phoebe. She watches Giselle perform it by herself, and critiques Giselle's supposed ill-performance of it. As Giselle storms away from her, Shantel snarkily commends her on her "teamwork".
When Kate volunteers Giselle as the new dance captain, Shantel is angry. She expresses her desire to be dance captain, resulting in Kate proposing that she and Giselle construct a trio with the leader of the better one to be the new dance captain. Shantel instructs her group members West, Thalia, and Noah with ease, and constructs a dance about sibling rivalry. She volunteers her group to perform first, and is content with the routine's cleanliness. As she watches Giselle's group dance, she criticizes Chloe's lack of hip-hop skills, asserting that every dancer in a routine should be at the same level. Believing her routine to be far superior, she is irate when Michelle picks Giselle as the new dance captain and is sure that Michelle merely picked Giselle because they are friends. She quits the team because she feels that her talents aren't recognized.
Shantel seems to be unable to empathise with others, as she is satisfied to see Hunter and Eldon battle because they are from the same team, although it "kills" her when she has to battle her teammate, Mackenzie. Shantel has been described by Amanda as "political" and "ambitious" and Cierra has said that she "has her eye on being dance captain." This pride is what ultimately leads to her decision to leave A-Troupe, as she thinks that the team doesn't appreciate her talent. It is ambition that leads to Shantel's downfall, because she is unable to accept not being in the spotlight. She is extremely conceited and wants nothing except perfection. She always believes she is right, and is unwilling to take other people's opinions and ideas into consideration, especially above her own judgement.
Despite this, she is a great leader and choreographer. She is seen leading her trio exceptionally well, even providing them with advice and constructive criticism.
Shantel has dark skin and long black hair that, while in a ponytail during the show, is down during the opening and transition sequences. She often wears pink or red lip gloss.
- Acro: Shantel is well-versed in acro. She learnt an aerial when she was merely eight.
- Ballet: Shantel must be extremely proficient in ballet to have toured with a company.
- Contemporary: Shantel is proficient in contemporary. Although when she choreographs her contemporary trio, it got criticized upon it being "too safe".
- Jazz: Shantel's dominant style is jazz albeit a style she rarely performs. She is proficient at the style.
- Main article: Shantel/Relationships
- "Coming Home?"
- "Game, Set, and Match"
- "Let the Games Begin"
- "The Fallout"
- "The Times They Are A Changin'"
- "Your New Beginning"
- "I'm Your Captain"
- Main article: Shantel/Quotes
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the Shantel gallery, click here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 "Your New Beginning." Wikia. Retrieved on August 27, 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "Game, Set, and Match." Wikia. Retrieved on January 16, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 "The Times They Are A Changin'." Wikia. Retrieved on September 5, 2015.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 "I'm Your Captain." Wikia. Retrieved on August 27, 2015.
- ↑ "Coming Home?" Wikia. Retrieved on February 2, 2016.
- ↑ "Let the Games Begin." Wikia. Retrieved on February 5, 2016.