The Off Season is the interlude mini-season between Season 4 and Season 5, albeit closer to Season 5 in terms of the timeline. It is comprised of 15 1 minute long episodes that provide sneak peeks into Season 5 and the lives of its new characters. The episodes are available on the Family App and THE NEXT STEP YouTube Channel. The episodes on YouTube are daily uploaded.
|No. in Season||Image||Title|
|Riley and Michelle talk in Neutral Grounds.|
|2||"Amy's Personal Life"|
|Amy talks to her mom about next season.|
|Riley performs her last dance at The Next Step.|
|Richelle watches Kingston's unboxing video.|
|5||"Noah's New Crush"|
|Noah and Jacquie meet at a dance workshop.|
|6||"Ms. Kate's New Studio"|
|Kate and Emily talk about expanding TNS.|
|7||"Crushing on Richelle"|
|Ozzy dreams about dancing with Richelle.|
|8||"Daniel and West's Duet"|
|West and Daniel duet in Studio A.|
|Heather interviews for a job at Neutral Grounds.|
|10||"Richelle on Pointe"|
|Richelle shops for pointe shoes.|
|Michelle spots Emily in Neutral Grounds.|
|12||"New Girl Lola"|
|Piper, LaTroy and Amy meet Lola in Studio A.|
|13||"Dance Over Hockey"|
|Josh plays hockey with his brother.|
|14||"Rehearsing for A-Troupe"|
|Zara and Jacquie rehearse for A-Troupe auditions.|
|Michelle and Miss Kate talk in Studio A.|
The nature of the season reveals information about the current and upcoming characters:
- Amanda became a teacher for J-Troupe, but eventually left the post to officially tour with Giselle.
- Amy's mom is a former professional dancer who urges Amy forward in her career.
- Amy is now friends with LaTroy.
- Gemini Dance Studio has won 18th Annual Absolute Dance Internationals.
- Riley is leaving The Next Step Dance Studio to attend business school.
- Richelle secretly loves unboxing videos.
- Kingston is a vlogger.
- Noah and Amanda broke up.
- Noah has a crush on Jacquie.
- Daniel teaches ballet classes at The Next Step Dance Studio.
- Emily recently graduated business school at the top of her class.
- Kate will be building a new studio in the east wing, thus taking Studio A out of use.
- Ozzy is in J-Troupe.
- Richelle is J-Troupe's new teacher.
- Ozzy has a crush on Richelle.
- Java Junction is now called Neutral Grounds.
- Heather is no longer a dancer and eventually gets a job at Neutral Grounds.
- Lola once danced at the competitive studio Encore Dance Studios, but left in the hopes of starting fresh and making friends.
- Josh has a brother.
- Josh is from the countryside and is moving to the city because his parents believe it will grant his brother, a budding hockey star, a better opportunity at going pro.
- Josh dabbles in hockey, but has decided to pick dance instead, and will audition for The Next Step Dance Studio.
- Zara is in B-Troupe.
- Eldon is a choreographer.